The 8th Annual Safety in Spine Surgery Summit
We invite you to join us for the 8th Annual Safety in Spine Surgery Summit. We are returning to an in-person meeting this April in New York for a one-day CME-accredited course. Safety in Spine Surgery Month will also feature video content and promotion to raise awareness and highlight S3P work and resources.
Register early as the limited space will fill very rapidly!
- Surgeons: $765
- Fellows/Residents/Allied Health: $475
- Healthcare administration, corporate personnel: $765
- Late Registration Fee (after March 17): $100
- The program will commence at 7:30 am and adjourn at 4:00 pm on Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Registration includes breakfast, breaks, lunch, and meeting materials
Fully-accredited Livestream registration is available for $195.
- The Latest Best Practices for Safety in Spine Surgery
- Intraoperative Neuro Monitoring
- Optimization of the Pediatric Neuromuscular Patient
- Optimization of the Adult Deformity Patient
- Calling in Reinforcements to Manage “High Risk:” Surgeons and Staff
- Risk Stratification and the Development of Predictive Calculators
- Cognitive load in the operating room: how it can affect your performance
- Expert Panel | Safety Challenges that Changed my Practice
- Perspectives Across a Career Focused on Neurological Safety | Lawrence G. Lenke, MD
- Keynote | Sharpening Your Scalpel: Optimizing Performance in and Out of the OR | Christopher Ahmad, MD
- Michael Vitale, MD MPH
- Christopher Ahmad, MD
- Todd J. Albert, MD
- Brandon Carlson, MD, MPH
- Dean Chou, MD
- Roger Härtl, MD
- Han Jo Kim, MD
- Eric O. Klineberg, MD
- Lawrence G. Lenke, MD
- Firoz Miyanji, MD FRCSC
- Themistocles Protopsaltis, MD
- Amer F. Samdani, MD
- Zeeshan M. Sardar, MD
- Rajiv Sethi, MD
- Eeric Truumees, MD
- Michael S. Virk, MD
Faculty Subject to Change
Meeting Hotel: The Warwick Hotel | 65 West 54th Street, 10019 New York, New York
Meeting Location: Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center (VEC) | Columbia University, 104 Haven Ave, New York, 10032
The deadline for booking at the group rate at the Warwick New York has passed. However, limited rooms may still be available in the block at the rate of $355. To inquire about open rooms, please contact Alison Matta. The hotel still has general availability, and you are also welcome to book at the current nightly rates.
The Warwick Hotel
65 West 54th Street, 10019 New York, New York
Hotel Direct: 1-(212)-247-2700
- A complimentary shuttle will be provided to and from the Warwick on the day of the course, Saturday April 15.
- A complimentary shuttle to LGA may be provided departing from the meeting location at 4:30 pm at the end of the meeting on April 15, if there is adequate interest. Please indicate interest in the shuttle on the registration form.